Bilingual Immigration Associate Attorney
Meadowlark Immigration PC is seeking a motivated and compassionate individual who is bilingual in English and Spanish to join our team as an associate attorney. This is a salaried position and is available starting October 1, 2018. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Meadowlark is a small immigration law firm in Portland, OR. We represent immigrants from many different countries, assisting them with applications for citizenship, asylum, family unification and humanitarian applications, including removal defense. We are dedicated to providing excellent legal services with a client-centered approach. We focus on offering culturally-conscious and trauma-informed legal services to immigrant families in the Pacific Northwest. We partner with community organizations, are committed to serving vulnerable populations, including survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault, and devote a portion of our practice to offering pro-bono and low-bono legal services.
The ideal applicant is detail oriented, passionate, collaborative, a clear communicator, organized, and a critical thinker.
- Law degree
- Admission to the bar of any U.S. state
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Ability to travel by car
- Proficiency in use of web-based software, MS Word, and MS Excel
The ideal candidate will also have experience in one or more of these fields:
- Removal defense (detained and non-detained)
- BIA and Circuit Court Appeals
- Working with survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault
- Trauma Informed Care
Salary and Benefits
The starting salary for this position is dependent upon experience, with growth potential towards a partner track. Our firm offers a generous benefits package including health and dental insurance, 401k, paid sick and vacation leave, and paid holidays. We also prioritize professional growth, continued legal education, networking opportunities, volunteer opportunities with our partner organizations, and continued investment in the development of our staff.
How to apply:
Please submit your resume, cover letter, three references, and a recent writing sample in PDF format to email@example.com. In your submission email, please answer these three questions:
- How would you rate your Spanish fluency?
- When are you available to begin working for Meadowlark and/or how much advance notice would you need to begin working at Meadowlark?
- Are you proficient or fluent in any language other than English or Spanish?